What an amazing month you had! There are so many exciting things to talk about, I'm not sure where to start! By the middle of the month, you became a smiling machine! You love to give us your big toothless grin and you know what? We love getting it! You have so many different types of smiles. The full-fledged-ear-to-ear smile, the one-lip-curled-up-like-Elvis smile, the you're-one-funny-face-away-from-a-big-smile smile and my favorite the I'm-smiling-cuz-I'm-pooping smile. Now we are just anxiously awaiting your giggle! I think you giggled once in your sleep but we having heard it since, but we sure do want to!
At 6 weeks, we went to see your favorite midwife for our last appointment! She weighed you and you were already 11 pounds and 2 ounces. Such a big boy. She said you were very healthy which is what we like to hear. This month is the first time you had an outing out of town! We didn't go far though, just to a town about 30 minutes from us. Grandma S. and I packed you and WAY too many diapers up and headed out of town. We did some shopping and had lunch at Applebee's. And you were SO good! You slept pretty much the whole time and only woke up the last few minutes right before we paid our check. It was such a great day and so nice to get out of the house and do something fun! You were pretty wiped out by the time we got home. Too much excitement!
My 30th birthday was on Valentine's day and you were my favorite valentine of all time! I bought you a cute little Valentine's shirt and you were so cute. We did a little photo session where we smothered you in kisses. Then grandpa and grandma H. came over for Angel food cake. You didn't get to eat any though. Maybe next year. The day before my birthday, grandpa and grandma H. came over and babysat you for just a few hours, so Mr. K. and I could go out to dinner! I had my first glass of wine in over a year and it was very good, but I will admit I got a little silly. But you were SO good for your grandma and grandpa. They said you pretty much slept the whole time.
![]() |
| Photo Shoot Smooches |
![]() |
| MORE Photo Shoot Smooches! |
The other thing we did this month was have a little family outing. All of us, Mr. K., me, Burst, Zippo and you all packed up in our car and went to an Eagle center in a town about 40 minutes away. We saw real live eagles! The center rescues hurt eagles and takes care of them either forever or until they are well enough to go back in the wild. They brought out two of the eagles and even fed them RATS in front of us. It was gross. I was a little worried they would think you looked like yummy food and try to eat you, but we sat pretty far back in the room and they were on tethers. Even still, I gave a few of them the stink eye when they were looking at you like food. (LOL) Then after the eagle center, we went out for pizza and ice cream. It was a great day with the family.
![]() |
| Me, Burst, Nugget & Mr. K. - Zippo was feeling camera shy, so he took the photo. |
![]() |
| Can you tell these "recycle" pajamas are my favorite? |
You are getting so big! You are already fitting into a lot of 6M clothes and you are trying very hard to roll over although you've only been able to get yourself up on your side for now. And last, in other news, your hair is starting to grow back in and it is coming in dark! Proof that you have my genes too and not just Mr. K's.
Don't grow up too fast, my lil' nugget.
Love,
Mama









awwww! I adore these updates! I love your pics that you post. :)That little smile of his just lights up the room!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I have a calendar reminder to remind me to write a summary every month. I really want to capture everything I can. Then at the end of the year, I'm gonna throw it all into a Blurb book that I'll get printed as his custom baby book. (That's the hope at least).
DeleteAnd yes, his smile is bright like the sun. :)
This is absolutely awesome! Great job Mommy! I'm so proud of you. Your baby is very lucky to have you as his Mommy! Love you all. Grandma S.
ReplyDeleteHe is so cute and getting so big!! Sleep giggles are adorable, just wait until he laughs out loud. Best milestone ever! :)
ReplyDelete